Last modified: July 5, 2014
2. How does the Company collect personally identifiable information and what information is obtained?
To use the App, you can (i) create an account (“Registered User”), by providing your name, gender, birth date, photograph (which is optional), type of caregiver (i.e. parent, grandparent or babysitter) (collectively, your “Personal Information”), or (ii) enter the App anonymously without creating an account or providing any Personal Information (“Non-Registered User” and together with Registered User, the “User”).
Registered Users will have the ability to share any information they input into the App relating to their child(ren) with other Registered Users and can use multiple devices to access the information entered. In order to connect Registered Users, the App will collect the Personal Information entered by Registered Users and uses secure technology to safeguard the Personal Information, in accordance with Section 7(b) below. We only collect personal information about you after you have provided us with your consent to collect that specific information and you have voluntarily provided us with such personal information. Non-Registered Users will not have the ability to share any information they input into the App relating to their child(ren) with other Users as the information provided into the App will remain local on the device used. For this reason, the App will not collect any Personal Information from Non-Registered Users.
The App may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, your mobile device operating system and information about the way you use the App (collectively, “Automatically Collected Information”). No data that is collected can personally identify you.
In addition, Users have the ability to submit support inquiries through the App at which time such User will be prompted to provide certain Personal Information. We will collect the information submitted by the User for our records in order to respond to the inquiry.
The Company claims no ownership rights to the photographs you upload to the App. However, by uploading photographs to the App, you agree you uploaded the photographs voluntarily. Subject to Section 3 below, we will not use or modify any photographs uploaded to the App for marketing purposes or any other purposes without obtaining your express permission.
3. How does the Company use the information it collects?
The Company does not and will not sell or rent your Personal Information or Automatically Collected Information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. The Company uses and discloses your Personal Information and Automatically Collected Information only as follows:
- to analyze the App’s usage and improve the Services;
- to fulfill your requests for certain Services;
- for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- to third-party contractors that provide services to the Company and are bound by the same privacy restrictions;
- to enforce the Company’s Terms of Service; and
4. Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the App?
We may disclose your Personal Information and Automatically Collected Information:
- when required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena or other legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; and
- if the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization or other change of control, to the purchaser or its affiliate if your Personal Information and Automatically Collected Information is part of the transaction.
5. What are your opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the App easily by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
6. What is the Company’s data retention policy and how can you manage your information?
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as you use the App and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 6 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete the Personal Information that you have provided via the App, please contact us email@example.com and we will respond within a reasonable time.
7. What else do you need to know?
(a) Children. The Company does not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. Although the App collects information relating to children under the age of 13, the Company intends the App to be used by parents or caregivers of such children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent or another User has provided information relating to such parents’ child without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
(b) Security. We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain and use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures. For example, we limit access to your Personal Information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our App. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
8. What is the Company’s contact information?
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the App, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at privacy@babysidekickcom.